Digital Media & Technology Pathways Program (Workforce)
Youth Radio’s Digital Media & Technology Pathways Program is a 9-month Workforce Training program for out-of-school, low income Oakland youth ages 18-24. During the first 6 months, participants receive digital media instruction and professional development training. During the last 3 months participants are placed at a paid internship at a local organization where they are able to implement their gained skills.
Pathways participants also receive a full suite of wraparound services including case management, academic and career advising, and therapeutic support (per student request).
Following graduation of the program, students receive a California State recognized On-the-Job Training Certificate of Completion.
Classes will be held from 9:30 am to 12 pm
Wednesdays- Photoshop Instruction
Fridays- Professional Development Training
- Up to $250/week stipend and bonus based on 100% participation
- Onsite Adobe Photoshop instruction with certification opportunity
- Field trips to local companies and visits from professional guest speakers
- Workshops on college success, financial literacy, and self-marketing
3-Month Internship: (Following Training)
Interns earn $12.25 an hour while working 15 to 25 hours a week a local organization or company where they apply the skills they acquired in training.
- Ages 18-24
- Must be Oakland resident (Youth in transitional housing located outside of Oakland accepted)
- Must have ID & Social Security Card
- Ability to provide proof of household income (if any)
- Completion of basic skills test for reading and math (scheduled upon application)
- Download Youth Radio’s Fellowship application here OR pick one up in person at Youth Radio, 1701 Broadway Ave. Oakland, CA 94612
- Email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org OR drop it off in person at Youth Radio.
Jessica Damian, 510-251-1101 ext. 346, email@example.com
Michael Lee, 510-251-1101 ext. 324, firstname.lastname@example.org.